These tacos a little spin on a classic salad and delicious taco. Enjoy loaded with salad greens, grated carrot, onion and a squirt of lime.
Ingredients: (makes 2 tacos)
- 2 tortillas of your choice
- 1/2 a zucchini cut into chunky spears
- 8 mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon of lime juice
- 1 teaspoon of chili powder
- 1 carrot, cut into thin spears or grated
- 4 inch piece of cucumber, cut into spears
- A big handful of salad greens
- Sliced red onion or green onions
- 1/2 an avocado
- A wedge of lime
- **2 tablespoon of vegan caesar dressing (see recipe below)
In a pan add the zucchini and mushroom and chili powered and steam fry for 4 minutes by adding a splash of water. When the vegetables are tender but not mushy add the lime juice and remove from heat.
Lay out your tortillas and smother generously with the caesar dressing. Add a handful of salad greens, the cooked veggies, the grated carrot and the sliced avocado. Garnish with a squirt of lime and enjoy!
For the caesar dressing:
- 1/2 a cup of raw sunflower seeds (soaked for a creamier dressing)
- 1 clove of garlic
- Juice from 1 lemon
- 1 tablespoon of apple cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon of Braggs liquid seasoning (or soy sauce)
- 1/4 of a cup of almond milk (or other non-dairy milk)
- A pinch of salt
- A pinch of sugar
- 1 teaspoon of wholegrain mustard
- 1 tablespoon of nutritional yeast
In a food processor blend the sunflower seeds for about 2 minutes. If you choose to soak your sunflower seeds they will blend a lot easier and into a creamier dressing. I soaked mine for an hour and they were perfect! Add the lemon juice, almond milk, vinegar and Braggs and blend until combined. Add the garlic, salt and sugar and blend until the dressing has a smooth consistency.